Sunday, September 25, 2005
Just open a few weeks only they have industrial rife.Really goes to show how inferior their system is comparedwith our superior Tripartite system. Among other things they ar protesting:
1. 13 hour work day.
2. Cannot dye hair.
3. Cannot drink water in front of guest.
4. 15 minutes break for every 4 hours.
This is a joke right. Like that also cannot take it.Compare that with our superior Tripartite system, lets take the case of S'pore taxi drivers:
1. Endless rental hikes.
2. 14-18 hours work per day.
3. No sick leave, no leave or holiday.
4. Taxi company make higher profits year after year.They make more in rent than what taxi drivers bring home.
5. They increase more and more taxis causing drivers to drive longer and longer hours to break even.
Yet you never see a single worker protests in Singapore. This is because the government explains to workers clearly what is expected from them so that they understand and become happy with whatever they receive. Workers after the explanations will see that the govt is doing all this for their own good. Remember what the MM said during the SIA saga, such protests in which workers ask for more will destroy Singapore - so he saved Singapore by demolishing Ryan Goh. Until today many Singaporeans continue to be thankful for his interference to bring Singapore back from the brink of destruction. Hong Kong on the other hand has seen numerous protests and has been destroyed over and over again by its workers. That is why they are no match for Singapore.
If the Hong Kong Disneyland protests had happened in Singapore, it would have been solved instantly by our elite leadership:
1. The Hong Kong govt make the first crucial mistake of insisting that the workers in the theme park have to be Hong Kongers. The Singapore govt would have hired FTs instead of Singaporeans thereby averting the whole sorry episode.
2. They don't have MM Lee to step forward to crush the protestors. MM Lee would have crushed them and made them agree to 15 hour workdays for their own good.
3. The protestors would have been sued for defamation if possible.or sedition or the Film Act.
4. The newspapers will paint the protestors as fussy, ill disciplined, unreasonable workers who failed to understand the world has changed...just as they did the SIA pilots.
Now you see how superior our Singapore system is? Workers after 40 years of PAP rule, know their exact place in society relative to the ruling elites. Hong Kong is far far behind us.
Posting Time 7:36 AM
Posted by Lucky Tan