Sunday, February 12, 2006

Important Advice for coming elections...!

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong warned before the 1997 poll that constituencies electing opposition candidates would be the last in line for such upgrading. "Then in 20, 30 years' time, the whole of Singapore will be bustling away and your estate, through your own choice, will be left behind. They become slums. That's my message," Mr. Goh was quoted as saying during the campaign.

Let me remind Singaporeans that this piece of sound, wise and very practical advice is as relevant today as the time it was uttered in 1997. Since PM Lee has also explained that there is no pork barrel politics in Singapore....and our PMs are men of the highest integrity, we can safely conclude that opposition wards are last in line because of the bad luck about by the opposition candidates.

I'm sure most of my fellow Singaporeans will try their best to avoid bad luck and they will vote for their own best interest. We can start celebrating our nations glorious future because the men who are selected and agree to join the PAP will be men with the strongest sense of justice, fairplay and mutual respect. Because they are elected on a level playing field, we can expect them to serve the interest of ordinary Singaporeans who did not have the same good fortune as them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are wrong to attribute it to bad luck for the non-pap mps. You might instead question the pap mps who support the stand that non-pap wards will be last to get upgrading this question,

"IF there are 2 quotes, 1 from pap related person or even relative, the other from non-pap related submitted for a Government tender, how will the Government decide to award the tender?"

This answer should related very well to the upgrading issues you cited above.

Anonymous said...

IF YOU'RE NOT WITH US, YOU'RE WITH THE TERRORIST

Anonymous said...

I think I better vote for the PAP and get my place upgraded. The paint job is peeling off. The only problem is whole is place is ALREADY run by the PAP. They seem to be interested only in those blocks by the road side seen by the passing vehicles. My block is right inside so I don't see much in the way of upgrades.

Anonymous said...

SINGAPORE SUCKS...AUTHORITARIAN BASTARDS...I LOVE INDIA..I DONT WANNA BE THIS "LUCKY" AND SUFFOCATE TO DEATH!

Anonymous said...

PAP rox!!! Long live PAP!!!

thosai said...

you're so lucky to be living in Singapore. I wish i can live there too.