Thursday, May 25, 2006

Some Singaporeans GET UNLUCKY!!!

Before the elections, the economy & stock market looked invincible.....somehow after the elections, it melted like chocolate in an oven. If the stock market is right, we will be having some kind of economic slowdown in 6 months.

Anyway, the stock market meltdown is so rapid, my Singapore broker called me in Manila to ask me if I want to make a MOVE. See, in the past, he got familiar with my modus operandi to "buy stocks when there is misery". Somehow, it has worked well for me. He also told me his intuition tells him that something positive might be brewing Cosco Corp ($1.32). I told him to buy a 100 lots since the market has been so miserable for past 2 weeks......just apply my usual strategy. Don't really know if I'll make any money but I will be optimistic.

Really miss the paper version Straits Times, there is nothing like the feel of this paper and after reading it, you have to wash your hands because your fingers turn black. ...guess it is 'hot from the press' and always 'fresh'.

6 comments:

Jerome said...

Investing is not about luck.

righteffort said...

Yes, right move to buy 100 lots of Cosco since SembM - a GLC - bought the share too..... Won't sink when you follow GLC. Even if it sinks, SembM will repair.... Can consider buying 200 lots of SembM too... as if Cosco sinks, SembM will have business to repair....

Anonymous said...

when there's blood on the streets, buy...

Anonymous said...

Wow you must be pretty rich! 100 lots = $132k a pop for one stock in the portfolio. Even if it makes up 10% of your portfolio, it would mean wealth of at least S$1.32 million. Nice!

LuckySingaporean said...

jerome,

Wah you are so smart! You have SKILLS to invest. Of course, to me investing is mostly luck. Fools who get lucky.... think they did it through SKILL. Every 5 years we have a new batch of such people.

I've been averaging about 8-14% a year and occasionally stocks that rise 300%-500%. My only rule is BUY ON MISERY. It takes only 0.001% of my brain power to apply this rule....so I don't call it SKILL...I'm just lucky the market has collapsed overnight to kill every single person still invested.

Anonymous said...

You have such a lovely smile.