These few days I've locked myself in a room with an aircon and air purifier to insulate myself from the haze. I had plenty of time to think about the system and decide whether it is best to preserve or change it. Although like many people I've grown used to it, its numerous flaws made me reconsider:
1. The monopolistic nature. They have gotten rid of all opponents by bankrupting them or getting rid of them through the monopolistic tactics.
2. The system is just a black box which a privilege few can peek inside. They are sworn to secrecy and well paid not to reveal its weaknesses. There is hence a total lack of transparency for people who depend on the system.
3. The system has enriched a handful by squeeze payment from the masses.
4. Only a select few are responsible and are able to for improve the system. The rest of us who depend on the system are powerless to change it.
5. Cost of security has been rising because the system is vulnerable to troublemakers which the system cannot tolerate.
6. They need to pay money to constantly brand and rebrand it so that it looks good in the media. The slick packaging hides the underlying problems.
7. Many complaints have been launch against the system but they brush off the complaints or make incremental patches to fix it when it is serious enough.
8. Many people accept the system because they are used to it. Changing systems will free them but many don't dare to take the risk although others have proven that alternative systems can work better. The end result is people keep complaining and whining but they are still pick the system at the end of the day.
9. The main purpose of the people who created the system is so that they can make the most money. It is simply despicable the amount of money they make from all of us.
I've finally pluck up enough courage to throw away my Windows XP Operating System after so many years, it vulnerability to hacker attacks, poor security and expensive licensing is simply not tolerable anymore. Besides, Linux which is available for free and built by passionate people not for money but the desire to do good and free people from the tyranny of Microsoft....is a far superior operating system. I just need to get used to it. There is real empowerment for anyone who desire to change the system because source code is open and free. ....everyone can contribute to make the system better and more powerful.