Thursday, June 07, 2007

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stepped off the plane just 2 hours ago. About a week ago, I was sent on an urgent assignment overseas. I was told in the morning that day and had to leave in afternoon. I didn't even have time to pack my luggage and say good bye when I left. I had a miserable time - worked until 11pm every night. The hotel charged 10 euros per day for Interent access. Unbelievable!! Having no Internet access is like going without food - starvation. Not reading Straits Times is like going without oxygen - suffocation. Staying in a country not run by the PAP is simply hell! It is great to be back. My mom saved all the 'oxygen' for me in a box.
.
I went to the coffeeshop for my favorite 'zhi char' just now to order 'hor fun' just now. Hor fun is now $3.50 vs $3 before my overseas trip.....wow how fast prices can rise in Singapore. They tend to go up in big discrete steps of 25 or 30% at one go just like some people's pay hikes. I heard that NETS has implemented a levy increase of 300%....because our banks claim they cannot support the system anymore....oh yes they too have been making a painful sacrifice for many years. For every $1 you spend using NETS, about 10 cents will go to the banks and the govt. So what can you do about all these price increases? ...Protest?...You better not lest you be construed as inciting violence like these people from the Freedom Walk . They best thing you can do about it is to work hard to pay for these increases and remain silent. That would be best and if you can't take it, breathe in more 'oxygen'.

10 comments:

Capt_Canuck said...

Welcome back, Lucky. I am sorry to hear that you stay in countries not under PAP rule was so horrible. Sleep easy, knowing that some day the countries of the world will wake up and see the greatness of the PAP and adopt their system everywhere.

Anonymous said...

You are a changed man indeed!

Anonymous said...

A very warm welcome back to Singapore. Our gahmen really needs people like you to brainwash those ungrateful and unrepentant citizens who cannot see how wonderful and gracious our country is.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that you are back. I missed your constant reminder how great Singapore is.

Anonymous said...

EZYLink and TransitLink are also great companies that manage our funds too, on top of NETS.

they just know how to give the best cashless systems in singapore - making us all cashless that is...

Anonymous said...

Why are you complaining? With all the price hikes, your HDB or private property is going up in price too. The 5-RM HDB can now fetch more than $500K, terrace $1.3m, SD approaching $2m, and detached, needless to say, it is sky high because of PR from some "rich" country. The white from down-under is also buying (see Today) besides complaining about our bank loan system. Already, many white PRs here have bought landed terraces or SD houses. They are wise because they know that property price now is hugely undervalued and will rise in next few years because of IR and population growth. Sinkaporeans are generally stupid and do not see these and still hesitate to secure a piece of land here. Soon, most landed property owners are PR instead of native sillytizen. I think PAP has done a good job to move price up, especially the property price. Otherwise, do you want your home value deteriorating or remaining depressed?

Anonymous said...

anon 12.38

now that's being silly. all things being equal, why the hell shld i want my accomodation to cost more??? you mean you want to pay more $$$ for a roof over your head. sure, you can sell your pigeon hole and get the $$$, and then choose to be homeless.

having said that, since i fully intend to emigrate when the ir opens, i praise pap for jacking up property prices... hahahaha...

yokokiko said...

Only QUITTER emigrate!

You think you can have a better life out there? Nothing comes for free.

I am not making much but life here has been pretty comfortable for me.

PS: Only complain is the income tax that i am paying this year.
Close to 6k....

yokokiko

Anonymous said...

really missed the daily food from u. Glad to know that you are ok and missed local oxygen.

as for me, despite your advice, 1 Jul 07 will be my NND, No Net Day permanently.

salim said...

Why do you need to come back?
Many of us were so happy without a stooge around.