1. WKS probably did his work and visited the Whitley Detention Center and that infamous toilet. You really have to forgive him if he thought the ventilation window is too high to climb out. ....and those high fences and high walls really looked very high to him.
2. Can someone tell me how the DPM of Singapore is suppose to ensure that those Gurkha guards do their job and make sure the Mas Selamat kept the toilet door open when he pees. ..do you actually expect DPM Wong to be present every time Mas Selamat needs to go to the toilet?
3. Some people say WKS should have put our terrorists in a more secure place instead of the Whitley Detention Center. My reply to them is this : Whitley held some of the most dangerous people our society has ever produced - Francis Seow, Chia Thye Poh, Marxist Conspirators and none of them were able to escape. Like what the MM said, Mas is an escape artist. Among his many talents - crashing planes, bombing buses, master of disguise...Mas is an escape artist...his is also good at disappearing acts - 53 days and still no sight of him.
Mas Selamat seems to have vanished into thin air. According to the findings of COI, he dropped his pants and ran into the forest. Combine that with the insistence that he is still in Singapore. How does a half naked man disappear completely in urban Singapore? This has caused people to speculate that he did not escape but died under custody.....the escape is just an elaborate hoax to cover up his death.
Mr Low Thia Khiang asked subsequently, “Is this episode also the result of the complacency of his ministry in failing to supervise the agencies under his charge? Is the DPM aware that there is speculation that Mas Selamat died inside WRDC?”
DPM Wong answered, “May I ask Mr Low whether he believes that indeed Mas Selamat has died?”
Mr Low said, “No, I don’t.”Let me dispel all these rumors:
1. If Mas Selamat died in WRDC, wouldn't that be a cause for celebration? The death of our most dangerous terrorist, who wanted to crash a plane to kill innocent civilians cannot be a bad thing. Why would the govt ever want to cover up his death.
2. According to rumors, he died long before 27 February and only when his family wanted to visit him on 27 Feb did the "people in charge" activated this elaborate hoax to explain his "inability to show up". His escape coincided with his family visit because the toilet from which he could escape from is located at the wing for visitors - if his family didn't visit, he wouldn't be able to escape.
3. Why was there no CCTV footage of his escape? CCTVs failed to capture his escape because they were being upgraded to "motion sensor type". My question is how did such an evil man get so lucky?...Where was God that day?
My own conspiracy theory which can never be proven false is this : Mas Selamat was reformed by months of rehabilitation and had turned over a new leaf. He offered to go back to Indonesia to help locate his former JI buddies for our intelligence unit. To make sure that they don't suspect he now a mole, the escape was staged. That is why the director of the WRDC received no blame for his escape. The only problem is a govt of such great efficiency and competence as the PAP may find it hard to convince the population that it has made a mistake. That is why all the blame was pinned on the Gurkha guards and the govt is totally blameless in this whole episode. It was also necessary to use this escape to remind Singaporeans not to be complacent and think they can actually survive without the PAP. I challenge anyone to try to prove my theory false. This theory definitely fits in better that the "Mas Selamat is already dead" theory. DPM Wong should not resign, he should be promoted for masterminding this great plan to flush out the entire JI network using Mas Selamat. My theory is the only one that can explain why nobody in govt is blamed for this escape.